July 27, 2008

Andros Island Bahama Trip

In April, I got to take a Geology class wearing board shorts and flip-flops for the first period and snorkel gear and flippers for the second. We made a trip first to Ft. Lauderdale and Key Largo, Florida, and from there we flew to Andros Island of the Bahamas. It was a class on carbonate systems. We learned about the shallow sea environments where the limestones around us are "born". Tracy was nice enough to let me go with a pact that I'd take her back some day.
A look at the ancient: Brain Coral on Key Largo.






Key Largo.










The plane was tiny.









The view from our cabins at the field station on Andros Island.



Joulters Cay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous!!

HBC said...

You have one amazing wife! I don't think I would've let you go without me. Looks like an amazing trip!!