February 09, 2011

Sushi!!!

I have been making my own sushi for about 7 years and I'm always looking for something different than the usual California roll I make all the time so I took a sushi class from Chef Joe at the Mt. Fuji Sushi Bar in Sandy, UT. It was really insightful and I learned some new techniques. Plus, I branched out from the usual and make a lot of new rolls last week. Soooo good!!

This is the yummy Vegas Roll that is tempura dipped with salmon, crab, cream cheese and cucumber in the middle.

These are all Drew's creations wrapped in rice paper.

Clockwise : 12 o'clock : California Roll, Mango Mamma Roll, Wasatch Roll, Philly Roll, with a Salmon Nigiri in the middle.

Left to Right, Free for All Roll (all my left over ingredients), Playboy Roll, and a messed up something that still tasted pretty good.

Me holding the bright orange fish roe (tobiko). If you ever want to make sushi, let me know and we'll have a sushi party!

2 comments:

Hayden said...

In this post you have the same number of pictures of your sushi as you do your children. :) Either way I just want to eat them up. Num, num, num.

Lydia said...

I want to make sushi!!! I can never get brett to take me or make it for us!! And holy cow!!Skinny!!! You look AWESOME!!